If you are looking for how to change spark plugs ford ranger then this post will guide step by step on how to change spark plugs on a ford ranger
We will also look at ford ranger 4.0 spark plug replacement cost and ford ranger 3.0 spark plug replacement.
So let’s get started with how to change spark plugs ford ranger.
Related Article: 11 signs of bad spark plug wires |Symptoms of a Bad Spark Plug Wires
HOW TO CHANGE SPARK PLUGS FOR FORD RANGER
Follow the procedures below to change spark plugs for ford ranger: You can also watch this video for more virtual reparation of the steps.
- Step 1: Remove the plastic covering on the engine ignition
- Step 2: With your tool, take off the nuts that holds the covering
- Step 3: Once done, carefully take off the covering.
- Step 4: You can now take off the bolts. (Ensure you take off the coil wire first)
- Step 5: Once done, take off coils from spark plug perfectly
- Step 6: Once the coil is taken off, with your tool, take the spark plugs.
- Step 7: With your tool, you can take the spark plugs off by ensuring the tool is perfectly placed to eliminate plug damaging.
- Step 8: To change a new spark plugs, you need to lubricate it a little
- Step 9: Put the new spark plug inside your tool while making sure it fits.
- Step 10: Carefully place the spark plug inside the plug well, then scroll with your hand
- Step 11: After which, ensure it is tighter with your tool according to the producers.
- Step 12: Position your ignition coil to be installed again.
- Step 13: Once installed, put back the bolts again by ensuring it’s tight
- Step 14: After which, put back the ignition covering you removed previously.
Once you have replaced all that you remove before inserting the new plugs, then you have successfully changed the spark plugs for ford ranger.
Read Also: 2 BEST SPARK PLUGS FOR FORD RANGER
FORD RANGER 4.0 SPARK PLUG REPLACEMENT COST
The ford ranger 4.0 spark plugs replacement cost could be about $130 to $160, while the labour will cost around $90 to $120. Please note that these prices are on average.
FORD RANGER 3.0 SPARK PLUG REPLACEMENT
Though this is dependent on the kind of engine your car has, the V6 model is known to have difficulties in replacing spark plugs, the processes might demand you removing lots of components. However, in case you are unable to do this, then consult a professional. Although if your car engine is easily accessible, then you can handle it without stress. But ensure that spark plug has perfectly gaped with your wrench.