In case you want to consider converting a hardtop to a soft top on your Jeep? Then today’s article we cover everything you need to know.
If your question is can you change a hard top jeep to a soft top? Then my answer is yes you can convert a hardtop to a soft top.
All you need do is to remove all the hardtop mounting components and change them with those specific to soft tops.
Are Jeep Wrangler Soft Tops Interchangeable?
My answer here is that they are interchangeable. However, it is known that soft tops are smoother to install and uninstall, so you do have to consider what you need first.
Does Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Come Off?
My answer is yes! But you need to ensure you remove your hardtop first before anything else with that removing the hardtop shouldn’t be complicated, having few tools and help from a friend, in no time, it should be removed.
But note that before you remove the hard top off your Wrangler, all the securing points will be removed or disconnected.
So make sure they are well set aside in a few containers for easier reconnection.
2 Best: Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Removal Tool (On Amazon)
Indeed, you can comfortably change your Wrangler to whatever you want. Here’s a handy tool kit that includes everything needed to remove your hardtop, doors, and then fold down your windshield on the go. You can this head top kid here on Amazon
What you get on this tool kit:
T30 Torx Bit
A 3/8 INCH Ratchet
T40 Torx Bit
T50 Torx Bit
Black Portable Carrying Pouch
This head top kit is compactable and perfectly fit for 1997-2021 Jeep Wrangler with superior quality and premium grade polished chrome vanadium steel.
This tool kit comes with a non-slip comfort grip handle, anti-Impact and anti-deformation, heavy torque, strong and durable, with anti-corrosion and anti-rust.
It comes with a heavy-duty S2 grade integral steel process and ultra-precise design, with high precision and hardness and has a longer service lifespan.
You can get this kit from amazon here for as low as $15 dollar
- Does Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Come off
- Are Jeep Wrangler Soft Tops Interchangeable
- Installation +5 Best Jeep Wrangler Hard Top And Door Removal Toolkit
Can One Person Remove A Jeep Hardtop?
My answer is yes! It’s very possible for an individual to remove a jeep hardtop without any help from someone else. But to achieve this, such a person must have enough experience on it before this can be done alone. However, the best and most convenient way to remove hardtop from a jeep is doing it with the help of someone.
Engaging a hardtop removal service will make the work easier and quicker in taking off the hardtop.
Easy Way To Remove Jeep Wrangler Hard Top
Whenever you remove the hardtop of your Jeep Wrangler, this will make you enjoy that fresh air that you have always wanted. This is just how a Jeep is supposed to be, exactly how people want to enjoy it.
Here are what you will need to make it happen:
- An extra person to help
- T-40 Torx Head driver
Here’re the steps that are needed
- Step 1: Begin from the driver’s side, car rear fastener knob overhead should be unscrewed, it’s located on the speaker bar assembly. Note that it should be kept somewhere safe like in the center console.
- Step 2: Make sure you turn all three L-shaped locks that are overhead to the open position. Ensure the sun visor is unclipped and moved to the side. Make sure you free the Freedom Panel from the roof by lifting the header latch above the windshield frame. Now push up and remove it from the Wrangler, and store it somewhere safe.
- Step 3: You should unscrew the Rear Fastener Knob located on the passenger’s side. Then turn the single L-shaped lock all the way to open. Now unclip the sun visor and move it to the side. Freely remove the Freedom Panel by lifting up on the Header Latch above the windshield frame.
- Step 4: This is for people using 4-door Wranglers only: Make use of your T-40 Torx head driver to remove the two screws that holds the hard top of the driver and passenger side doors. Then place the screws somewhere safe.
- Step 5: With the T-40 Torx Head driver, ensure you remove the six Torx Head screws that holds the hard top in the trunk space of your Wrangler. You will find three on each side, just place these screws somewhere safe.
- Step 6: Go inside the rear left corner of the hard top and find the wiring harness. Now disconnect the rear windshield washer hose, you can do this by just pulling it away from the top. Then disconnect the wiring harness, you can do this by sliding the red tab over to the right and press on the sides of the clip. Make sure you pull to fully disconnect the harness.
- Step 7: You can now close the swing gate and get a friend to help you lift and remove the hard top from the Wrangler. Both of you should lift up on each side of the hardtop and keep it somewhere soft and safe.
Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Removal
It is true that there are many benefits to having a Wrangler hardtop, but having an easy removal isn’t one of them. It is also true that modern tops are much easier to remove, however, they are still not completely hassle-free.
But using a little elbow grease, anyone can quickly and easily get Wrangler top off and be ready for the trail!
I know you got a new Jeep Wrangler and can’t wait to take it out for a spin! But there’s only one problem, you want to get off your hardtop first. Removing this shouldn’t be complicated, having few tools and help from a friend, in no time, it should be removed.
Just follow the little tips outlined here on an easy way to remove the jeep wrangler hard top and in little or no time, you can safely get your Jeep Wrangler hardtop removed.
out Readers also love these articles: