The battery of your car is supposed to always be sound. A poor battery causes you to spend a huge amount of money to get a replacement.
A battery tender is a device that helps to prevent your battery from failing or packing up without prior notice.
Most people confuse battery tender with battery charger; they are entirely dissimilar devices and have diverse functions.
Another name for battery tender is battery maintainers. A battery tender helps to keep the battery of your car in first-class shape, particularly when your car isn’t being utilized for an extended time. A battery tender is mostly used by people who plan on leaving their car in the garage for a lengthy period that may stretch into months.
This article discusses the 10 best battery tender for car storage available in the market that you can comfortably invest your money on.
Related articles: 6 Best Battery Maintainer For Winter Storage
10 Best Battery Tenders for Cars (Best Battery Tender for Car Storage)
#1. MOTOPOWER MP00205A
This is one of the best battery tenders for cars you can and it is also one of the cheapest battery maintainer for cars in the market. It comes with a mechanical battery maintainer. This battery tender is created to be effectively used on diverse batteries consisting of 12 volt lead acid. It also has a program that is being monitored by a microchip, it functions by supervising the whole charging process, and to mechanically halt when the battery is full. It also preserves the battery with a float charging current. Apart from coming with a 2-year warranty, the MOTOPOWER boasts of a reverse polarity protection, short circuit, and spark-proof. Alligator clips can be used to connect this battery maintainer to the battery of your car. Harness is used to attach and detach the maintainer from the battery. The MOTOPOWER is licensed by CE, RoHS, UL, and CEC.
Special features of the MOTOPOWER Battery tender include:
- Charges all types of 12volt batteries that uses lead-acid
- Can supervise the whole charging progress
- Stops charging mechanically when battery is full
- It has protections that guards that battery tender against overcharging, short-circuiting, and reverse polarity
- It is spark-proof
- Includes quick connect harness
- It has a 2-year warranty
Read this also: 5 Best 12V Solar Battery Charger For Diesel Truck On Amazon 2020
#2. Optima Digital 400
This is also among the list of the best battery tenders for cars second in the list and that is because, it is produced by a credible brand. This specific battery maintainer for cars features an in-built battery health mode to mechanically make the most of battery life and performance. This battery tender has with a hybrid LED battery-charging gauge with an LCD screen, so you can effortlessly keep a tab on the charging process and safeguarding. For feasibility, you can hook and tilt it courtesy of its dual-purpose stand.
This battery tender is fully automatic, cannot spark, has reverse polarity guard. It also has the facility to spot several problems in battery. One of its traits is that it has a numerous-phase performance charging and storage overhaul mode.
This battery tender is a bit more on the expensive side.
Special features of Optima Digital 400 include:
- It is produced by a trustworthy brand
- It has hybrid LED battery charging measurement with LCD
- It is protected against sparking.
- It comes with reverse polarity protection
- It has a 4A max
#3. Battery Tender Plus
This is one of the best battery tender for cars that is produced by a reputable brand. It has quick attach bind with alligator clips and ring terminals. The battery tender plus comes with a 1.25A battery charger that used to charge a battery and preserve it at an appropriate storage power without the destructive effects often found with trickle chargers.
This device features a power cord length of 6 feet (18AWG), whereas the DC output cord is 4.5-feet long (18AWG). It has a guard against reverse polarity as part of its protective features.
To preserve your battery health, this device can lever from full charge to float charging mode. It comes with an amazing 10-year warranty.
Special features of the Battery Tender Plus include:
- It has a 1.25A battery charger
- It features quick connect harness
- It can mechanically change from full charge to float charging form
- It is spark-proof, and has reverse polarity
- It comes with a remarkable 10-year warranty
#4. LEICESTERCN LST Battery Charger/Maintainer
The LEICESTERCN LST Battery Charges is yet another best battery tender for cars. It features a 6volt and 12volt batteries. This battery tender uses an automatic trickle charger which mechanically changes to float form when the battery is full.
You can by far place a tab on the potency of your battery because a visual feedback and investigative information accompanies it which is still functional in repair form. It is protected from sparking and has a shield against reverse polarity.
Due to the lightweight of this battery tender, it is used for motorcycles. It comes with a lifetime quality warranty and a one-year refund policy.
Some special features available on the LEICESTERCN LST Battery Charger/Maintainer include:
- It does not spark and comes with reverse polarity protection
- It is compatible with 6 volts and 12-volt batteries
- It has an automatic trickle charger that switches to float mode
- Visual feedback and diagnostic information
- Ultra-compact and lightweight
- Lifetime quality warranty, 12-month refund policy
#5. BMK Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer
The BMK Smart Battery Charger/maintainer can function well with 12-volt batteries. Ensure the battery is greater than 15Ah when using this battery tender. The BMK battery tender is assembled from high-quality ABS and it is IP65 waterproof. It features a short circuit, overcharging, reverse polarity defense and overload. It also comes with steady pulse current repairs to evade overcharge.
It is quite easy to use the BMK smart batteries courtesy of its quick disconnect harness and it is protected against sparking. It also features an in-built 72-hour safety timer to guard marginal batteries from overcharging.
Special features on the BMK Smart Battery Charger/Maintainer include:
- It is spark-proof and comes with short circuit and waterproof
- It boasts of overload, overcharging, and reverse polarity protection to safeguard the battery.
- It has a 5A battery charger/maintainer for 12-volt batteries
- Constructed from high-quality ABS
- Constant Pulse Current Maintenance
- It has a quick disconnect harness
- Lifetime quality warranty
#6. NOCO Genius G3500
The NOCO Genius G3500, is produced by popular brand NOCO. This battery tender for cars helps to keep your car well charged and maintained. This battery tender has a 3.5A battery charger and maintainer which is compatible with all types of 6- and 12-volt lead-acid batteries. This flexible battery charger is really easy to use. It features a control unit that helps to automatically monitor and maintain the battery of your car.
This battery tender also presents a sophisticated Repair Mode that can help repeal the harmful effects when a battery is not charged for a protracted time.
It is spark-proof with a reverse polarity protection. It comes with a 5-year warranty with the Genius G3500.
Special features on the NOCO Genius G3500 include:
- It comes with a spark-proof and reverse polarity protection
- It features a 3.5A battery charger/maintainer
- It functions well with 6- and 12-volt lead-acid batteries
- It examines and preserves your car battery with a mechanical expertise
- It has an advanced Repair Mode that can help reverse destructive effects to uncharged batteries
- It comes with a 5-year warranty
#7. Schumacher SC1299 Battery Tender
Schumacher offers a variety of different battery maintainers, depending on the amperage and charge rate you require. Options include 0.75A, 0.8A, 1.5A, 2A, and 3A. These battery tenders are powered by a microprocessor that automatically adjusts amperage rate to charge and maintain the battery. Multi-stage charging contributes to precision, safety, and battery life, while reverse hookup protection ensures the charger won’t function if the clamps are reversed.
The more affordable battery tenders from Schumacher are more basic, with just a charging status LED indicator. Other units have a display with a start/stop interface that is easy to use. Most do have float mode monitoring to ensure an optimum battery charge for maintenance.
- Lineup of offerings (0.75A, 0.8A, 1.5A, 2A, and 3A)
- Automatically adjusts amperage rate
- Multi-stage charging
- Charging status LED indicator
- Float mode monitoring to ensure optimum battery charge
#8. DieHard 71219 Battery Tender
DieHard is one of the best battery tenders for cars that come with its smart battery charger/maintainer. It is suitable for 6 volts and 12 volts batteries and has a fully mechanical, microprocessor and LED display lights to indicate the charging. It has protective traits that checks the battery from excessive charging and will turn off the machine if the clamps are overturned. It also has chargers for heavy-duty purposes, though they are more costly. It comes with a 3-year warranty and has versatile swift connect harness.
Special features include
- Designed for both 6 volts and 12-volt batteries
- It comes with a mechanical, microchip charging system
- It has LED indicators
- rapid join harness
- Protects against overcharging and reverse polarity
- Can use clamps, 12-volt accessory plug, or ring connectors
- 3-year warranty
#9. Energizer ENC2A
The Energizer ENC2A is yet another best battery tender for cars available on Amazon. This battery tender works perfectly well with lead-acid batteries of 6volt and 12volt. It also features a 7-step smart battery charger with high-frequency. The Energizer ENC2A mechanically switches between charging mode and float mode. It is also easy to use.
The Energizer ENC2A has been certified by ETL. You can get them in 2A, 4A, and 8A options. It comes with protective features.
Special features of the Energizer ENCA2A include:
- It is produced by a trustworthy brand
- It is designed for use with 6- and 12-volt lead-acid batteries
- It has a 7-step, high-frequency smart battery charger
- It mechanically switches between charging mode and float mode monitoring
- It connects easily using in-built battery clips or O-ring terminals
- It is available in 2A, 4A, and 8A options
- It has been certified by ETL
- It comes with overcharging, reverse polarity, and short circuit protections
#10. BLACK+DECKER BM3B Battery Tender
The BLACK+DECKER battery tender comes with a battery charger/maintainer that can charge different batteries including 6volt and 12volt AGM, GEL, and WET batteries. It features a moderate basic battery tender that is inexpensive.
It has an mechanical system that discontinues charging immediately the battery gets full and changes to float form.
It is constructed with a built-in circuit that thwarts excess charging, shields in opposition to reverse polarity and short circuit. It features an built-in mounting bracket which makes it simple to position the battery tender someplace suitable during usage.
The BLACK+DECKER battery tender has been licensed by ETL for performance and safety and comes with a 1-year warranty.
Special features on the BLACK+DECKER Battery Tender include:
- It charges 6- and 12-volt batteries
- It connects easily using battery clips or O-ring terminals
- It mechanically ends charging and levers to float mode to retain the battery
- Among its attribute is a protection that covers overcharging, reverse polarity, and short circuit
- It is ETL certified
- It has an in-built mounting bracket for well-situated placement
- It comes with a limited 1-year manufacturer warranty
It is imperative to keep your car battery in the best health possible, particularly when leaving your car parked for an extended time. Battery tenders can help you evade the unnecessary spending of funds by cutting down the risks of you spending to change a dead battery.
So, if you intend parking your car for an elongated time, protect the longevity of your car battery by getting a suitable battery tender. You can carry out a proper market survey and read reviews before selecting from the list of the 10 battery tenders we provided.
What to Read next: How to fix a car battery that doesn’t hold charge